Sunday, September 4, 2011

A little mishap

Hey sweet friends.

I was so proud finally getting on top of my cardmaking for the weekend and the beginning of next week. Exited as i was, i just had to share my cards and happiness with my hubby....which thanked me by spilling his coffee on my pile of cards...I was REALLY NOT a happy camper at that time. Lucky for my hubby i`m not of a holding a grudge kinda gal, but `boy did he get his fair share of yelling. I allmost could see his ears fluttering, lol. Can you imagine sitting in the sofa just chillin and suddenly 2 days of work is ruined? If you have seen the Tinkerbell animated films were she is glowing red in anger....well there you have me, hahaha. I`m laughing at it now as i have had some time to calm down. I also managed to salvage the image on my Crafts and Me card since it luckely was at the bottom of the pile. I also had a card finished for WhoopsiDaisy but this was on top of my pile and is totally ruined, buhu!!!

Well anyway...here is my new card.


I have chosen a nautical theme to make it go with the image. I`m so glad i managed to salvage the image course it has a lot of details, and it took me quite a while to colour it in. But i`m quite satisfied with the end result. It actually might look better than my first card so maybe it wasn`t so bad to have an accident, lol. The image is called Fisherman`s catch and you can find it right here. It is designed by the talented Hannah Lynn.


These are the ProMarkers i used for the image:

Her hair:
Shale, Burgundy, Crimson, Lipstick red

Skin:
Vanilla, Saffron, Oatmeal, Tan, and Pastel pink for her cheeks.

His hair:
Walnut, Terracotta, Honeycomb

Boat:
Shale, Cocoa, Burnt sienna, Tan, Ice grey #1,2 and 3, Silver metallic, Umber, Cinnamon, Khaki, Pastel beige.

Other colours used:
Cool grey #2,4 and 5, Black, Marine, Turqoise, Peach, Sky blue, Cool aqua, French navy, Indigo blue, Aegan and distress ink Broken china for the sky.



The paper is from Websters Pages, Yacht Club collection. I took advantage of a megasale at Websters a few weeks ago and ordered goodies worth of $100 for the neat amount of $25. Ooohhh what a fab pile of goodies i received. Lots of papers, trims, florals and chipboardstickers and so on. This paper was amongst the lot.


These different styles of seashells are digis i ordered from Make it Crafty. The fishing net is actually cheesecloth which i coloured with distress inks and ripped a bit apart just to make it look like a well used fishingnet.


Challenges i`m entering:

2 Sisters - Challenge #55 Friends
Challenge up your life - Challenge #51 Something for a man
Card makin` mamas - Challenge #28 Going digi
Sundays with Crissy - Challenge #21 Friendship


Hope you liked my card. And i would love to get some sugar, lol. Have a great day everyone!




7 comments:

Larisa said...

Love it! Their eyes make me mad!)))

Anonymous said...

Kjempeflott kort og superlekkert motiv :)
Herlige farger du har brukt på motivet og lekkert fargelagt :) Flotte detaljer også :)
Ha en fin kveld :)
Klem Lill

Artesania said...

Hi Teamie,wow the card is stunning ,gorgeous Image and cardstyl -you see me speechless .i like the colouring and gogsh this image is so beautiful............tghe Story was fun-i keep every food away out of my craftroom because i know me..............
take it easy your card is fantastic.
Hugs Gudrun

Michele Spera said...

WoW! What a wonderful job on this card:-) I love all your detail:-)Thanks for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Hugs
Michele S.

Annette said...

Stunning card, and I'd ban your hubby from having any kind of food and drink near your beautiful creations again !! Thanks for joining our 'friends' challenge at 2 Sisters this week.

ps : I have blog candy running if you'd like to pop over to my blog and enter.

Annette
xx

juli77 said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CUYL this week. Hugs juli

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card! Gorgeous coloring and great layout!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Related Posts with Thumbnails