Thursday, March 22, 2012

New challenge at Crafty Purple Frog

Hi everyone

I`m a bit late with my creation for this challenge at Crafty Purple Frog. Yesterday i spent the whole day on the coach with a mahoosive headache. So you can imagine that my desire to craft was not on top, lol.

I made this card relatively early today but when i was going to edit my image i got myself a big surprise...and NOT a good one. For allmost 2 years i have used Photobucket as my editing program. It has been easy to use with not too many difficult features. I have been very satisfied with it for my type of needs. But when i was going to edit this image today i got totally blown away. Photobucket has totally renewed their site. It might have been great if it hadn`t totally removed the features i used to use earlier, so in protest i deleted all my images and closed my account.

I might have bothered to try it out, but when they do their upgrades they might wanna think about the user friendliness. It has become much harder to maneuver between the features. So in my book...thumbs down to Photobucket.

So now i`m trying out Picasa. As of now, i think it has potential but it is a lot to learn, and my first editing job in Picasa is not my best work, but i hope i`ll get there, lol.

Well...enough about my irritations. Let`s get down to buisness. For my card today i have used an image called Green Moth. It is a pre-coloured pyramage sheet. Papers are from BoBunny and Bearly Mine Designs. The dark purple one i don`t remember the producer. I have edited these images in Picasa. The one on top is my first one. Not too satisfied with it though.


This next one i think i got a better hang of it. The colours look more alike the original image, so i might go with this editing in the future. Please let me know what you think.
Please do hop over to the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge and join our anything goes challenge. Make sure to visit my teamies too. They have really made some gorgeous creations for your inspiration.

Challenges i`m entering:

Creative inspirations - Anything goes
Scrapalicious - A cut above
The Poodles Parlour - Anything goes
Scrapbook Sisters - Anything goes




7 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful card Mona, love the dies you've used. Computers and software are great until they decide to update without notice, hope you get to grips with Picasa. Carol x

Love crafts forever said...

Hey Mona. I don't understand why people using all this stuff. I safe my cards in my Documents folder, and i know i can always find them. Am i out dated????
Anyways your card are stunning!!! Keep doing good job.
Hugs Nat

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Mona, I love the pastel colours and your embellishments.
I'm like you, I hate it when they change things without warning, I tried Picasa but didn't get on with it, it took over my computer and popped up whenever I looked at an image so I just use my camera editing software now, it makes me more careful when taking the original photographs.
Pauline
x

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Nice work. I loved the colors was very cute!
Have a great weekend!

ShersL84bed said...

Beautiful

Smiles Sher

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining us at creative inspiration for our anything goes challenge and good luck

Sylvia x said...

Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour this week with you great card....love this cute image

Sylvia xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails