Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Entering the World Scrap Battle & Tournament

Hey peeps!

Finally i can reveal the creations i made for The World Scrap Battle and Tournament

There are 5 categories in the tournament and i have entered in 4 of them. Layout, card, alter and mixed media. I will post the creations one at a time over the next four days. Starting with my alteration.

The inspiration we were given for the first challenge is this picture:


I have altered a large clothespin
I was inspired by the colours of the banner of the photo. Since this happening is going on in Sweden i decided to go for the colours of the Swedish flag, blue and yellow as you also can find in the pic.


I started with gessoing the whole thing. Then i covered both sides with washitape. Then i coloured the whole thing in blue and a spot of yellow. I have used Tim Holtz`s Mustard Seed yellow distress ink for the yellow spec and Twinkeling H2O Autumn skies for the blue hue.


I also used the H2O to colour the Prima flower which started out completely black. I just loooove how it turned out. The seam binding is also coloured with Mustard seed Distress ink. 


I have also used a stencil from The Crafters Workshop using one of the butterflies. Created the texture with modelling paste from Prima`s Finnabair collection. I coloured it with Mustard seed and topped it with some Golden sleighbells Magicals from Lindy`s Stamp Gang. Just a tiny dash to get the shimmery look.


To finish it off i have used bling from Marianne Design, a friendship sticker from Authentic, a butterfly chipboard piece from Make it Crafty. This one i just heat embossed with white embossing and glued on some clear class beads from Prima Finnabair. Also some tiny blue specs of H2O. A metal piece under the flower, some lace and a paper clip from my stash. Oh and i almost forgot. All the edges are smeared with Black soot distress ink.


With this creation i made it through to round 2 on walk over. Later today we will get the new task for round 2. I`m so excited, lol . Hope you come back and visit me tomorrow. I will show you the card i created for round 1.

Thanks for the visit.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails