Sunday, May 1, 2016

Scraplifting Marta Lapkowska

Hi there everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend out there. I`m sitting here blogging and looking out on the fantastic weather. The sun is shining and it is a whopping 13 degrees. It`s just a bummer that i have to be close to the toilet today, lol. Anyway i get to blog my recent creation at least.

I little while back i asked Marta Lapkowska if i could get permission to scraplift her "Serenity" ATC series. Luckely she gave me her blessing. I was so happy course i love this series and i love her work in general. She is such a sweetheart and i am so grateful for her dedication to help new and upcoming artists with tips and tricks when it comes to beeing creative.

Well here we go. This first picture is the original from Marta. I just loooove this series. The colours, the design....i just totally fell in love with these the moment i layed eyes on them. And those butterflies are so, so beautiful.


Here is my take on the ATCs. Not nearly as beautiful as Marta`s but  i like the way they turned out. I didn`t have the same colours as the originals so i had to make do with my own stash. It`s funny to see the difference in the green colour as Marta used powder to blend with her paste and i used spray to blend with my paste. We have used the exact same colour and paste but mine turned out lighter than hers.  


Also...i didn`t have blue embossing powder so i had to improvise with dark brown instead. She also used art sugar to create the glittery effect on her details while i didn`t have that. So i used clear embossing powder with different colour of shimmer for the butterflies and added some Clear Wink of Stella on the dots and text. I know it doesn`t show as my lighting was not the best. I really have to get me one of those light tents, lol. 

Below you see some closeups.




Supplylist for my version on the ATCs:

Words from Authentique Petite diction: Pretty

This project was part of a challenge on Facebook in the group of ArJo`s Tag og ATC kos. Where the theme for the challenge was scraplifting.

Just to mention it if you are new to any kind of paperarts: When you "borrow" someone else`s creation in your work. Or if you are inspired by someone in any way, the proper thing to do is to give credit to the person you are inspired by. Either by mentioning their name in your post or even linking up to the actual piece you were inspired by.

With that said. Keep on creating. Meet new friends, help others where you can and give credit when credit is due.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails